I like share my life and experiences with my friends and thought this would be a great way to do it. My photo's, videos and story's

Sunday, January 31, 2010

1-30-10 A RIDE ALONG THE MASON TRACT




 


 


took a ride to the Durants Castle yesterday and saw these deer.


The Castle used to be along the Mason Tract but now is nother much but a memory. It was built at the cost of a half milliion dollars back in the early 30's and burned to the ground before anyone even lived in it, with no insurance I was told.  There are pictures of the old castle at the site but it is hard to believe that such a huge building could have ever been there. Nothing is left but some foundations.

I grabbed these pictures with my video camera and then watched them on my Computer and grabbed the stills. I gues I could have grabbed the stills while I was there but didn't think about it.

There was an old dock there for canoeist to use but it has been taken out and a new one built by the DNR a short distance down stream.

I saw quite a few deer on the drive back there and managed to catch these few.

No comments:

Post a Comment