I like share my life and experiences with my friends and thought this would be a great way to do it. My photo's, videos and story's

Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Blue Racer and Mrs Scott

.
Monday, January 12, 2004
My Story-When I was about 15, I guess, I had a pet Blue Racer. This snake was over 6 ft long. It was a beauty. I caught it in the spring and had tamed it down pretty well.

They can climb trees and we had a small elm in the back yard, about 10 or 12 ft tall and I would put him up to it, early on a hot day and he would bask up there all day long. It didn't have to hunt for food so it was satisfied with the situation.

I had sorta kept it quite that I had it as the neighbors were a pain and would complain. I had a Mississauga Rattler for a pet, for a short time but the neighbors had complained to the cops and I had to get rid of it.

One day late in the season I decided to have some fun with it. I had planned on turning it loose, so it could hibernate for the winter anyway.

I had a buddy named Larry Scott. His mother was quite a woman. Six ft one and 240 lbs if she weighed a dang pound. She was like one of our buddies but one you listened to. His dad was a ratty little sucker that you just wanted to slap because you knew GOD didn't like him, making him so ugly!

Anyway, back to the snake. I took this snake, which is a constrictor, and wrapped it around my neck, with its head tucked under my shirt. Over this I wore my light jacket.

It being a chilly day the snake didn't mind as I was warm. The shake was tame a bit, which only meant it rarely bit.

I went over to Larry's and went in the house. Mas Scott saw me and asked me to give her my jacket. I pulled that thing off and as she reached for the jacket the snake pulled his head out of the shirt to look around.

Mrs Scott was in mid reach when that big old snake head reared out and I never new a bigassed woman could scream so loud or run so fast. It scared the crap out of me because I just knew she could beat me to death, if she ever took a mind to.

Now Mrs Scott was a tough old woman and knew all the bad words and she used them about then. I was a laughing but I doubt it was sounding like a laugh as there just had to be a bit of terror mixed in. She came at me and the only thing that saved my young foolish ass was the snake. She was not gonna get close enough to thump me as long as that 6 ft snake was wrapped around my dang neck!

She was a yelling, "Get out! Get out you rotten little son of a beach! I am a gonna snap your neck the next time I see you?"

She coulda done it too and I was about thinking I had pushed it a bit too far. I didn't give a good rip if I scared her but I did care that she scared ME!!

I took off for home and avoided the Scott house for the next week or so. She sent a message with Larry that I could come back but to leave the dam snake home or she would cram it where the sun don't shine. I knowed that was a lie though. She sure the heck coulda done it but it would mean she would have to touch the snake and she was not gonna do that!

She was one good woman and I miss her. I don't miss Larry though but that is another story.

I turned the snake loose soon after but caught another one, years later that was 7 ft 6 inches or more


# posted by Royal : 9:01 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment