I like share my life and experiences with my friends and thought this would be a great way to do it. My photo's, videos and story's

Friday, January 15, 2010

Crazy Robin

Kwasy Wobbin!

I was setting here at my computer yesterday doing computer things and in the background I kept hearing this tap tap tap. Over and over and at first it was just a far off thing that didn't really register.

Finally it came to my notice but I just tried to ignore it. Tap tap tap over and over. Finally it started irritating me and I looked around the room, wondering what the heck it might be, the wind tapping a branch against the window maybe?

I looked out the window and not a branch moved. Tap tap tap. It continued.I tried to ignore it but it soon became the only thing I heard.

Finally I got up and tried to figure where the heck it was coming from. I walked into the kitchen and stood listening. Tap tap tap. It was a bit louder but where was it coming from?

I looked in the cupboards thinking it might be a mouse but there was nothing there and it just kept on, tap tap tap.

I looked out the window and saw nothing at all. I opened the basement door and it sounded a little louder so I went down the stairs, not turning on the lights as I did not want to scare what was doing it. A haint maybe? Tap tap tap

It sounded like it was coming from the wash room so I looked in the doorway and the noise was louder. I walked in and stood, looking around. Tap tap tap, it continued like I was not there.

I looked around and there the little sucker was! I looked at the little basement window and there was a male Robin, pecking at the window. Tap tap tap, over and over again and he just would not quit.

I figured the little guy was getting at some ants or other bug but I looked closely and there was nothing there.

I went outside to see if I could figure what was wrong with the goofy bird but on closer inspection I saw nothing at all. Except his reflection.

It being the spring mating season the solution became apparent. He was fighting another male Robin. At least he thought he was. When I walked up he hopped off and flew into a low branch of a near tree and watched me.

I just laughed and propped a screen against the window, the one he was fighting, so he would not beat his brains out. I was suspecting he was lacking a bit in the brain department. Then I went back to what I was doing. Tap tap tap. He started before I was in the house. He just moved to the next pane. I got a piece of wood and put it against the other window and sure enough, a few minutes later he was at it again, Tap tap tap. It doesn't take much to fire him up it seems. He should have used a little of that aggression against that cow bird last spring I figure.

I don't know how long he was doing it before I noticed it yesterday but after I started hearing it he did it for FIVE BLOODY HOURS!!

As I set here this morning I hear Tap tap tap and he has been at it since sun up, a couple hours ago. Before I go home I am gonna block that bloody window off or the poor thing with beat his own brains out.

These are poor pictures but I could not get close with the outside shot and the inside was taken through a dirty window with the camera held over my head. The funny thing is that inside I took about six shots with flash, right in his face and it did not stop him at all.

I hope some found the KWasey Wobbin story interesting

No comments:

Post a Comment