I like share my life and experiences with my friends and thought this would be a great way to do it. My photo's, videos and story's

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Jimmy Hoffa

The Night Jimmy Hoffa Disappeared
On June 30th 1975 I was working second shift at Truck and Coach in Pontiac. I got off work at 11pm. I lived out in Highland at the time, which is rather rural. I would take various routes home to break up the monotony of a 45 minute drive.

On this particular night I took a route home that bordered a golf course. This golf course was out in the country. On the right side of the dirt road was the golf course and on the left there was a big swamp. It is mixed bog and woods but all pretty darned low.

There is no street lights in the area and it was a dark night, as I remember it. I could see up the road and there seemed to be a car setting in the middle of the road. I thought it strange as there sure the heck was no reason for any car to be setting in that remote area, unless it was broke down.

I slowed down. The lights were on and so were the interior lights. This was because the passenger side door was open, as was the trunk. I don't think the drivers door was open because I would have had a hard time passing if it was, the road was so narrow in that area.

The car was a big new Cadillac! That was odd I thought. I could see nobody in the area. I looked toward the marsh but could see nothing. Here it was, New Caddy, lights on, door open, trunk open, in a very remote area. It bothered me all the way home as I did not stop.

I got home and turned on the TV news. They were reporting that Jimmy Hoffa had disappeared. He was last seen at the Macus Red Fox Restaurant, which was close to Pontiac. Dang I thunk!! :shock :shock

In the next few weeks they were digging all over the place, looking for Jimmy, in fact they had a backhoe working on a vacant area two miles from where I now live.

I never reported it but I always wondered about it.

I have a couple others but that is about the biggest one.

I wonder........

1 comment:

  1. The Machus Red Fox also lost some flags off the front of the building in 1975 too. Last time I saw it, one of the flags was still in somebody's family room not a half-mile from there!!!

    I used to have close friends who worked at Truck & Coach myself.

    ReplyDelete